Why is CBI not using Vanzara`s letter as evidence?
Ahmedabad: Why is CBI not considering the resignation letter of suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara as evidence and had not commenced investigation in that direction? Rubabuddin Sheikh the brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and the complainant of Sohrabuddin fake encounter case wondered.
He was present at a demonstration at the Income Tax crossroads on Tuesday, along with the family members of victims of other fake encounter cases. Shabbir, the brother of Sadiq Jamal, Narmadabai, the mother of Tulsiram Prajapati, were present along with many people and activists of the Jan Sangarsh Manch (JSM).
The activists were demanding the resignation of chief minister Narendra Modi on moral grounds after the letter bomb of Vanzara, one of the prime accused in the encounter cases of Sohrab, Tulsiram and Sadiq, tore into the government.Rubabuddin said that even though the CBI probe was on the right track, it was very slow.
CBI director Ranjit Sinha, however, said in Delhi last week that Vanzara’s letter cannot be considered as evidence and the CBI would question him again only if the court ordered it.
Reacting to this statement, Rubabuddin said it was hard to believe that the letter cannot be considered as evidence. “The letter clearly accuses chief minister Narendra Modi as the prime accused in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. So, CBI should arrest him and President’s Rule should be declared in Gujarat,” he said.
Referring to the recent sting operation in connection with the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case, Narmadabai said some people tried to influence her and took the thumbnails on blank papers. “I want justice for my son,” she asserted.
Echoing the same, Shabbir said: “I want justice for my brother in my lifetime.” And, pointing at the slow pace of the CBI investigation. All of them were talking amidst the agitation held at the Income Tax circle, where slogans against Modi rent the air. JSM activists like Samshad Pathan and Amrish Patel were present among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'