Why is CBI not using Vanzara`s letter as evidence?
Ahmedabad: Why is CBI not considering the resignation letter of suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara as evidence and had not commenced investigation in that direction? Rubabuddin Sheikh the brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and the complainant of Sohrabuddin fake encounter case wondered.
He was present at a demonstration at the Income Tax crossroads on Tuesday, along with the family members of victims of other fake encounter cases. Shabbir, the brother of Sadiq Jamal, Narmadabai, the mother of Tulsiram Prajapati, were present along with many people and activists of the Jan Sangarsh Manch (JSM).
The activists were demanding the resignation of chief minister Narendra Modi on moral grounds after the letter bomb of Vanzara, one of the prime accused in the encounter cases of Sohrab, Tulsiram and Sadiq, tore into the government.Rubabuddin said that even though the CBI probe was on the right track, it was very slow.
CBI director Ranjit Sinha, however, said in Delhi last week that Vanzara’s letter cannot be considered as evidence and the CBI would question him again only if the court ordered it.
Reacting to this statement, Rubabuddin said it was hard to believe that the letter cannot be considered as evidence. “The letter clearly accuses chief minister Narendra Modi as the prime accused in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case. So, CBI should arrest him and President’s Rule should be declared in Gujarat,” he said.
Referring to the recent sting operation in connection with the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case, Narmadabai said some people tried to influence her and took the thumbnails on blank papers. “I want justice for my son,” she asserted.
Echoing the same, Shabbir said: “I want justice for my brother in my lifetime.” And, pointing at the slow pace of the CBI investigation. All of them were talking amidst the agitation held at the Income Tax circle, where slogans against Modi rent the air. JSM activists like Samshad Pathan and Amrish Patel were present among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!