Will approach court if FIR not filed in snoopgate: Pradeep Sharma
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer Pradeep Sharma on Saturday reiterated that he would approach the court if the complaint given by him against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Amit Shah and others in the snooping scandal is not converted into an FIR.
"Earlier, they (those defending Modi) had said that I was harassing the woman in question. Now, when I have gone to file a complaint, they are trying to come out with such wild allegations that my phone was tapped to find out about corruption," Sharma told reporters amidst unconfirmed reports that the government has filed an affidavit before Retd Justice Sugnya Bhatt commission.
However, the state finance minister and government spokesperson Nitin Patel, when asked about filing of any such affidavit, said, "I have no knowledge about it."
"I am hundred per cent sure that by now they would have prepared paperwork in this regards," Sharma said.
"If they were trying to find out about my corruption, then why do the tapes (that were released) show that the said woman and his family was snooped," Sharma said.
"The government should also declare how many officials have been put under surveillance for corruption since the state was formed," he said.
He maintained that he would approach court if FIR is not filed against Modi, Shah and others by Gujarat police.
Two investigative news portals, Cobrapost.Com and Gulail.Com, had claimed on November 15, 2013 that former minister of state for Home in Gujarat government, Amit Shah had ordered illegal surveillance of a woman at the behest of one "Saheb".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India