Witness in Sanjiv Bhatt`s case missing
Ahmedabad: One of the key witnesses in the case against suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, who has been accused of forcing a constable to sign a false affidavit, has gone missing since Tuesday, police said on Thursday.
The witness Sharanik Shah, who lives in Chandkheda area in Ahmedabad is missing since 12 am on October 25 as per his family, which initially believed that he had gone to Mahudi in Gandhinagar district for some ritual that was to be performed during Diwali.
However, since Shah did not return till last night, a missing person`s complaint was registered by his family and further investigation in the matter is on, police said.
According to the FIR of constable K D Pant, based on which Bhatt was arrested, Shah had come with Pant to Bhatt`s residence on the night of June 16.
Shah was also present when Bhatt allegedly threatened Pant and made him sign affidavit that supported his claim that he was present in the meeting of February 27, 2002 called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi after the post-Godhra riots, the FIR said.
As a witness in the FIR against Bhatt, Shah`s statement has been recorded before a judicial magistrate by the investigating officer in the case.
Bhatt, in his affidavit filed in the Supreme Court, had alleged complicity of Modi in the post-Godhra riots, and stated that Pant who knew about the CM`s meeting was threatened with dire consequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan