Woman allegedly burnt alive in Surendranagar
Ahmedabad: A complaint of murder has been registered against 15 persons in Patdi taluka of Surendranagar district for allegedly setting a woman afire and killing her.
Madhu Rathod, the woman, died today at the civil hospital here after sustaining over 80 percent burn injuries, police said.
Rathod was allegedly set afire after pouring kerosene on her by a group of people over some petty matter in Satela village of Patdi two days back, according to the FIR filed by her relatives.
According to police, a few eye-witnesses said that Rathod got burnt accidentally when she was trying to set fire to some houses in her neighbourhood.
However, the family members allege that one Ramesh Rathod and 14 others were responsible for Madhu`s death.
No person has been arrested so far. Following the incident, security has been increased in Satela village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble