Woman allegedly burnt alive in Surendranagar
Ahmedabad: A complaint of murder has been registered against 15 persons in Patdi taluka of Surendranagar district for allegedly setting a woman afire and killing her.
Madhu Rathod, the woman, died today at the civil hospital here after sustaining over 80 percent burn injuries, police said.
Rathod was allegedly set afire after pouring kerosene on her by a group of people over some petty matter in Satela village of Patdi two days back, according to the FIR filed by her relatives.
According to police, a few eye-witnesses said that Rathod got burnt accidentally when she was trying to set fire to some houses in her neighbourhood.
However, the family members allege that one Ramesh Rathod and 14 others were responsible for Madhu`s death.
No person has been arrested so far. Following the incident, security has been increased in Satela village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’