Woman allegedly burnt alive in Surendranagar
Ahmedabad: A complaint of murder has been registered against 15 persons in Patdi taluka of Surendranagar district for allegedly setting a woman afire and killing her.
Madhu Rathod, the woman, died today at the civil hospital here after sustaining over 80 percent burn injuries, police said.
Rathod was allegedly set afire after pouring kerosene on her by a group of people over some petty matter in Satela village of Patdi two days back, according to the FIR filed by her relatives.
According to police, a few eye-witnesses said that Rathod got burnt accidentally when she was trying to set fire to some houses in her neighbourhood.
However, the family members allege that one Ramesh Rathod and 14 others were responsible for Madhu`s death.
No person has been arrested so far. Following the incident, security has been increased in Satela village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet