Woman allegedly burnt alive in Surendranagar
Ahmedabad: A complaint of murder has been registered against 15 persons in Patdi taluka of Surendranagar district for allegedly setting a woman afire and killing her.
Madhu Rathod, the woman, died today at the civil hospital here after sustaining over 80 percent burn injuries, police said.
Rathod was allegedly set afire after pouring kerosene on her by a group of people over some petty matter in Satela village of Patdi two days back, according to the FIR filed by her relatives.
According to police, a few eye-witnesses said that Rathod got burnt accidentally when she was trying to set fire to some houses in her neighbourhood.
However, the family members allege that one Ramesh Rathod and 14 others were responsible for Madhu`s death.
No person has been arrested so far. Following the incident, security has been increased in Satela village, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem