Woman alleges rape; father-in-law, brother-in-law arrested
Ahmedabad: A 35-year-old woman has filed a complaint against her father-in-law and brother-in-law, accusing them of raping her repeatedly over the past three years, in Halvad taluka of Surendranagar district.
Police Sub-Inspector A P Patel told PTI that both the men had been arrested and sent to judicial custody.
The victim did not file a complaint earlier due to family pressure. She approached the police last evening, he said.
The complainant has said that Rajesh Ramanuj (42), her brother-in-law, and Sevadas Ramanuj (75), the father-in-law, allegedly abused her sexually, justifying it on the pretext of her husband`s impotency.
Since the couple lived in a joint family, her husband supported his father and brother, the woman alleged.
She has been sent to a women`s shelter home while further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir