Woman alleges rape; father-in-law, brother-in-law arrested
Ahmedabad: A 35-year-old woman has filed a complaint against her father-in-law and brother-in-law, accusing them of raping her repeatedly over the past three years, in Halvad taluka of Surendranagar district.
Police Sub-Inspector A P Patel told PTI that both the men had been arrested and sent to judicial custody.
The victim did not file a complaint earlier due to family pressure. She approached the police last evening, he said.
The complainant has said that Rajesh Ramanuj (42), her brother-in-law, and Sevadas Ramanuj (75), the father-in-law, allegedly abused her sexually, justifying it on the pretext of her husband`s impotency.
Since the couple lived in a joint family, her husband supported his father and brother, the woman alleged.
She has been sent to a women`s shelter home while further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah