Woman alleges rape; father-in-law, brother-in-law arrested
Ahmedabad: A 35-year-old woman has filed a complaint against her father-in-law and brother-in-law, accusing them of raping her repeatedly over the past three years, in Halvad taluka of Surendranagar district.
Police Sub-Inspector A P Patel told PTI that both the men had been arrested and sent to judicial custody.
The victim did not file a complaint earlier due to family pressure. She approached the police last evening, he said.
The complainant has said that Rajesh Ramanuj (42), her brother-in-law, and Sevadas Ramanuj (75), the father-in-law, allegedly abused her sexually, justifying it on the pretext of her husband`s impotency.
Since the couple lived in a joint family, her husband supported his father and brother, the woman alleged.
She has been sent to a women`s shelter home while further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies