Woman burnt to death for dowry, husband held
Aligarh: A woman was allegedly burnt to death over dowry by her in-laws at Sarai Mian locality in Delhi Gate area here, police said Monday.
Body of Samreen (about 25), who was married six months ago was found yesterday.
The family members of the victim alleged that she was killed for dowry after which her husband, Zameer has been arrested, police said.
Zameer`s family however claimed that the girl had committed suicide.
Further investigations are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das