Woman burnt to death for dowry, husband held
Aligarh: A woman was allegedly burnt to death over dowry by her in-laws at Sarai Mian locality in Delhi Gate area here, police said Monday.
Body of Samreen (about 25), who was married six months ago was found yesterday.
The family members of the victim alleged that she was killed for dowry after which her husband, Zameer has been arrested, police said.
Zameer`s family however claimed that the girl had committed suicide.
Further investigations are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post