Woman burnt to death for dowry, husband held
Aligarh: A woman was allegedly burnt to death over dowry by her in-laws at Sarai Mian locality in Delhi Gate area here, police said Monday.
Body of Samreen (about 25), who was married six months ago was found yesterday.
The family members of the victim alleged that she was killed for dowry after which her husband, Zameer has been arrested, police said.
Zameer`s family however claimed that the girl had committed suicide.
Further investigations are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!