Woman kills her 4 kids, attempts suicide in Gujarat village
Vadodara: Apparently upset over her husband`s second marriage, a woman killed her four children and tried to commit suicide near here on Friday, police said.
Bachliben Rathwa (aged around 30), a resident of Jer village, threw her four children--three daughters and a son-- in a well and then jumped into it, Police Sub-Inspector RM Vasava told PTI.
While the woman, a tribal, was saved by villagers, her kids, aged between one and nine years, died, he said, adding she has been admitted to a nearby hospital.
The village, about 150km from here, is located in Chhotaudepur taluka of Vadodara district.
Bachliben`s husband, Kishan, had got married for a second time a fortnight ago. She was upset over her husband`s decision and this may have led her to commit the crime and try to take her own life, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH