Woman kills her 4 kids, attempts suicide in Gujarat village
Vadodara: Apparently upset over her husband`s second marriage, a woman killed her four children and tried to commit suicide near here on Friday, police said.
Bachliben Rathwa (aged around 30), a resident of Jer village, threw her four children--three daughters and a son-- in a well and then jumped into it, Police Sub-Inspector RM Vasava told PTI.
While the woman, a tribal, was saved by villagers, her kids, aged between one and nine years, died, he said, adding she has been admitted to a nearby hospital.
The village, about 150km from here, is located in Chhotaudepur taluka of Vadodara district.
Bachliben`s husband, Kishan, had got married for a second time a fortnight ago. She was upset over her husband`s decision and this may have led her to commit the crime and try to take her own life, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption