Woman sentenced to life imprisonment for killing her paramour
Ahmedabad: A woman was sentenced to life
imprisonment by a local court for killing her paramour, who
refused to marry her.
Principal District Sessions Judge G N Patel convicted
Farheen Pathan (28) yesterday while acquitting seven other
accused in the case for lack of evidence.
Pathan was caught with the body of Devang Joshi in May
2006 from Jamalpur area of the city, where she had planned to
dispose it off by throwing it into the Sabarmati river.
Joshi used to sell kerosene in Juhapura area of the city,
where he came in contact with Farheen, a widow and mother of
Both fell in love with each other but when Farheen asked
Joshi to marry her he refused saying he wished to marry girl
from his own religion.
Angered by this, Farheen conspired to kill Joshi and
called him to her residence in Juhapura area where she and her
other accomplice stabbed him to death.
After killing him, they chopped his body into several
pieces and put it a plastic bag. While on their way to
Sabarmati, they were nabbed. Though others managed to escape,
Farheen was caught.
Farheen and seven others were charged for murder,
criminal conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre