Woman sentenced to life imprisonment for killing her paramour
Ahmedabad: A woman was sentenced to life
imprisonment by a local court for killing her paramour, who
refused to marry her.
Principal District Sessions Judge G N Patel convicted
Farheen Pathan (28) yesterday while acquitting seven other
accused in the case for lack of evidence.
Pathan was caught with the body of Devang Joshi in May
2006 from Jamalpur area of the city, where she had planned to
dispose it off by throwing it into the Sabarmati river.
Joshi used to sell kerosene in Juhapura area of the city,
where he came in contact with Farheen, a widow and mother of
Both fell in love with each other but when Farheen asked
Joshi to marry her he refused saying he wished to marry girl
from his own religion.
Angered by this, Farheen conspired to kill Joshi and
called him to her residence in Juhapura area where she and her
other accomplice stabbed him to death.
After killing him, they chopped his body into several
pieces and put it a plastic bag. While on their way to
Sabarmati, they were nabbed. Though others managed to escape,
Farheen was caught.
Farheen and seven others were charged for murder,
criminal conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed