Woman tries to commit suicide after gangrape
Jamnagar: A 25-year-old married woman on Tuesday attempted to commit suicide by consuming poison here after allegedly being abducted and gang raped, police said.
"The woman, a native of Jamjodhpur taluka, was abducted from her house late last night by three car-borne youths. The trio took her to Verad village where they gangraped her," a police official said.
She somehow managed to reach home today and consumed poison, police said, adding that she was admitted to a local hospital where her condition is stated to be critical.
A case has been registered against three youths and efforts are underway to arrest the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales