Women constables tie rakhis to traffic violators in Rajkot
Rajkot: The city police on Sunday turned `Raksha Bandhan` festival into a unique drive to spread awareness on traffic rules, wherein women constables tied rakhis to violators of traffic norms.
"The traffic branch of Rajkot city police adopted a unique way wherein female police constables tied rakhis to those persons who were caught for violating traffic norms," said ACP (Traffic) A L Chaudhary.
To catch violators off-guard, female police constables along with officers were deployed at almost every cross-roads in the city.
According to the officer, around 2,000 rakhis and also equal number of pamphlets have been given to police personnel deployed throughout the city.
He said that police were putting together the total number of offenders being caught for flouting traffic rules.
When asked about the objective behind the initiative, the ACP said that it was for creating awareness about "traffic sense and rules" among people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed