Years first H1N1 positive case detected in Cuttack hospital
Cuttack: Doctors of SCB medical college
and hospital here today confirmed a swine flu case when swab
reports of a 35-year-old youth showed presence of H1N1 virus.
The youth who was admitted in the Hospital on Tuesday
night having flu-like symptoms is actually afflicted with H1N1
virus and is suffering from swine flu, said the Hospital
administrative officer B N Moharana.
Swab samples of the patient were sent to the laboratory
of Regional Medical Research Center (RMRC), Bhubaneswar
yesterday and the reports were received by the hospital on
this morning, Moharana added.
Swine flu was detected in two patients in Bhubaneswar
earlier this season, official sources said.
Refusing to divulge the identity of the latest
patient, doctors treating him at the isolated swine flu ward
of the hospital here maintained that the condition of the
patient, a native of Jagatsinghpur district, is normal and he
is under anti-viral regime ever since he was admitted here.
We will keep him under observation for next two days
and decide whether to discharge him from hospital after
checkup, Moharana said adding relatives of the patient who
had come in his contact over the past one week have also been
provided with medicines and are asked remain isolated.
SCB Medical College Hospital Cuttack last year had
received nearly 60 suspected cases of swine flu of which only
three were tested positive of having the virus. All three were
however, discharged from the hospital after they were cured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'