Youth dies in police custody in Vadodara
Vadodara: A youth, who had been picked up by city police for questioning in a betting case, allegedly died during custody, police said on Saturday.
The youth identified as Sajid Sheikh died while he was in the lockup of Pani Gate police station here yesterday.
"Post-mortem was conducted on the body and we are now waiting for the report. Only then we will come to know the reason behind his death," Deputy Police Commissioner Dipankar Trivedi said.
Sheikh`s family members have alleged that he died as he was beaten up by police during the custody.
The police, however, have denied the allegation.
The brother of the deceased, Munavar Sheikh, said, "My brother was wrongly detained. He was into the business of painting and was not into betting. His death is unnatural and he was healthy and fine."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000