10 named in CBI charge sheet in Rs 30 lakh bribe case
New Delhi: A Gurgaon firm`s two partners and eight civic officials were named in a CBI charge sheet filed in connection with Rs 30 lakh bribe taken by the officials for regularisation of a banquet hall here, an official said Monday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed the formal set of charges in a special court Friday naming 10 accused -- including seven municipal corporation employees, a Delhi Development Authority (DDA) official and Rajesh Aggarwal and Manish Tuli, partners of Gurgaon-based firm Micromax Informatics.
Municipal corporation`s superintending engineer Rajesh Wadhwa, junior engineer Kapil Dev, two assistant engineers Rajkumar Sethi and Mahender Kumar Gupta and three beldars Satish Kumar, Sanjay and Naresh were named in the charge sheet, the CBI official said.
Rajesh Gupta, a junior engineer of the DDA, was also named in the charge sheet, he said.
The bribe was given by Aggarwal and Tuli for granting regularisation in an improper manner to a banquet hall in Wazirpur Industrial area in north Delhi.
A case was registered Aug 7 after the officials were caught accepting Rs 30 lakh as part of a Rs 50 lakh bribe demanded by them, the CBI official said.
"On Aug 8, at least 15 places were raided. During the search at the house of a junior engineer of municipal corporation, Rs 40 lakh was recovered. During the search at the residence of one of the arrested accused, Rs 30 lakh and jewellery was recovered," said a CBI official.
"During searches at various locations of the accused public servants, more than Rs 1 Crore was recovered," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing