10 years sentence to four youths for raping a teen-aged girl
Hisar: A local court has awarded ten years of imprisonment to four youths after finding them guilty of raping a teen-aged girl at Bugana village in this district in January.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Narender Sharma convicted Ashok alias Baru, Somvir alias Golia, Mange Ram and Kuldeep, all residents of Bugana village and in their mid 20`s.
The decision was pronounced by the court yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, all the accused were ordered to pay a fine of Rs 41,000 each.
The court also awarded two years imprisonment to Rohtas of the same village on the charge of trying to outrage the modesty of the girl.
The court imposed a fine of Rs 32,000 on him.
The teenaged girl (18) was gang-raped in Bugana village and the accused prepared her obscene video on their mobile phone in January.
A case was registered on January 19, 2013, against six persons under sections 376 (rape), 292 (obscene), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad