10 years sentence to four youths for raping a teen-aged girl
Hisar: A local court has awarded ten years of imprisonment to four youths after finding them guilty of raping a teen-aged girl at Bugana village in this district in January.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Narender Sharma convicted Ashok alias Baru, Somvir alias Golia, Mange Ram and Kuldeep, all residents of Bugana village and in their mid 20`s.
The decision was pronounced by the court yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, all the accused were ordered to pay a fine of Rs 41,000 each.
The court also awarded two years imprisonment to Rohtas of the same village on the charge of trying to outrage the modesty of the girl.
The court imposed a fine of Rs 32,000 on him.
The teenaged girl (18) was gang-raped in Bugana village and the accused prepared her obscene video on their mobile phone in January.
A case was registered on January 19, 2013, against six persons under sections 376 (rape), 292 (obscene), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre