10 years sentence to four youths for raping a teen-aged girl
Hisar: A local court has awarded ten years of imprisonment to four youths after finding them guilty of raping a teen-aged girl at Bugana village in this district in January.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Narender Sharma convicted Ashok alias Baru, Somvir alias Golia, Mange Ram and Kuldeep, all residents of Bugana village and in their mid 20`s.
The decision was pronounced by the court yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, all the accused were ordered to pay a fine of Rs 41,000 each.
The court also awarded two years imprisonment to Rohtas of the same village on the charge of trying to outrage the modesty of the girl.
The court imposed a fine of Rs 32,000 on him.
The teenaged girl (18) was gang-raped in Bugana village and the accused prepared her obscene video on their mobile phone in January.
A case was registered on January 19, 2013, against six persons under sections 376 (rape), 292 (obscene), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price