10 years sentence to four youths for raping a teen-aged girl
Hisar: A local court has awarded ten years of imprisonment to four youths after finding them guilty of raping a teen-aged girl at Bugana village in this district in January.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Narender Sharma convicted Ashok alias Baru, Somvir alias Golia, Mange Ram and Kuldeep, all residents of Bugana village and in their mid 20`s.
The decision was pronounced by the court yesterday.
Besides the imprisonment, all the accused were ordered to pay a fine of Rs 41,000 each.
The court also awarded two years imprisonment to Rohtas of the same village on the charge of trying to outrage the modesty of the girl.
The court imposed a fine of Rs 32,000 on him.
The teenaged girl (18) was gang-raped in Bugana village and the accused prepared her obscene video on their mobile phone in January.
A case was registered on January 19, 2013, against six persons under sections 376 (rape), 292 (obscene), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS
- New Hyundai Elantra launched in India: Know all about price, features
- Shocking! Indian surgeons remove 40 knives from cop's stomach (Watch)