12 killed in bus-truck mishap in Haryana
Yamuna Nagar (Haryana): Twelve people,
including eight students and two lecturers of a private
institute of management, were on Thursday killed and 22 others
injured in a head-on collision between the college bus and a
truck in the district, police said.
The bus of the Shri Ram Institute of Management and
Technology collided head-on with the truck coming from
opposition direction near Manakpur village on Yamuna Nagar-
Paonta Sahab national highway-73 this morning, they said.
The college bus was on its way to the Institute when
the mishap occurred.
22 persons injured in the mishap were admitted in
the Trauma Centre of the Civil Hospital here and at nearby
Jagadhari hospital, Chief Medical Officer Dr V K Sharma said.
The cause of the accident is not yet known, police
said, adding that a case has been registered and
investigations were on.
Eight victims declared dead at Civil Hospital, Yamuna
Nagar, were identified as Uma Dhiman, Harvinder Kaur, Rinki
Mittal, Jitender, Sunita Pal, Neha Narula (Lecturer), Kartika
Madan (Lecturer) and Joginder (Bus Driver).
The four, including two girls, declared dead at Civil
Hospital, Jagadhri Priyanka, Deepika, Satish Kumar (Truck
Driver) (a resident of Rohtak) and Gagandeep Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred