12 killed in bus-truck mishap in Haryana
Yamuna Nagar (Haryana): Twelve people,
including eight students and two lecturers of a private
institute of management, were on Thursday killed and 22 others
injured in a head-on collision between the college bus and a
truck in the district, police said.
The bus of the Shri Ram Institute of Management and
Technology collided head-on with the truck coming from
opposition direction near Manakpur village on Yamuna Nagar-
Paonta Sahab national highway-73 this morning, they said.
The college bus was on its way to the Institute when
the mishap occurred.
22 persons injured in the mishap were admitted in
the Trauma Centre of the Civil Hospital here and at nearby
Jagadhari hospital, Chief Medical Officer Dr V K Sharma said.
The cause of the accident is not yet known, police
said, adding that a case has been registered and
investigations were on.
Eight victims declared dead at Civil Hospital, Yamuna
Nagar, were identified as Uma Dhiman, Harvinder Kaur, Rinki
Mittal, Jitender, Sunita Pal, Neha Narula (Lecturer), Kartika
Madan (Lecturer) and Joginder (Bus Driver).
The four, including two girls, declared dead at Civil
Hospital, Jagadhri Priyanka, Deepika, Satish Kumar (Truck
Driver) (a resident of Rohtak) and Gagandeep Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement