148 judgements in single day, Haryana judge creates record of sorts
Kaithal: Additional District and
Sessions Judge A K Shori here today created a national record
of sorts by delivering 148 judgements on a single day.
He smashed the record of 111 judgements pronounced on a
single day by Andhra Pradesh Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana
Murthy three days back.
Even though the Kaithal Judge refused to talk to
mediapersons, Bar sources said he had delivered 148 judgements
Of this, 137 pertained to Land Acquisition, they said
adding references in this connection were made by the state
government to the court for decision.
Forty-nine references related to Mundri village, 48 to
Geong, 16 to Chhabba, 18 to Sector 18 of Kaithal town, five to
Deeg village and one to Balu, the sources said.
These references were made against different awards and
separate judgments had to be pronounced in each case.
Two of the verdicts related to criminal trials, four to
Motor Accident Claim Tribunal cases and one each to criminal
appeal, criminal revision, civil appeal, Hindu Marriage Act
On August one this year, Judge Shori decided 87 cases.
In all, he pronounced judgements in 223 cases last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees