148 judgements in single day, Haryana judge creates record of sorts
Kaithal: Additional District and
Sessions Judge A K Shori here today created a national record
of sorts by delivering 148 judgements on a single day.
He smashed the record of 111 judgements pronounced on a
single day by Andhra Pradesh Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana
Murthy three days back.
Even though the Kaithal Judge refused to talk to
mediapersons, Bar sources said he had delivered 148 judgements
Of this, 137 pertained to Land Acquisition, they said
adding references in this connection were made by the state
government to the court for decision.
Forty-nine references related to Mundri village, 48 to
Geong, 16 to Chhabba, 18 to Sector 18 of Kaithal town, five to
Deeg village and one to Balu, the sources said.
These references were made against different awards and
separate judgments had to be pronounced in each case.
Two of the verdicts related to criminal trials, four to
Motor Accident Claim Tribunal cases and one each to criminal
appeal, criminal revision, civil appeal, Hindu Marriage Act
On August one this year, Judge Shori decided 87 cases.
In all, he pronounced judgements in 223 cases last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic