148 judgements in single day, Haryana judge creates record of sorts
Kaithal: Additional District and
Sessions Judge A K Shori here today created a national record
of sorts by delivering 148 judgements on a single day.
He smashed the record of 111 judgements pronounced on a
single day by Andhra Pradesh Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana
Murthy three days back.
Even though the Kaithal Judge refused to talk to
mediapersons, Bar sources said he had delivered 148 judgements
Of this, 137 pertained to Land Acquisition, they said
adding references in this connection were made by the state
government to the court for decision.
Forty-nine references related to Mundri village, 48 to
Geong, 16 to Chhabba, 18 to Sector 18 of Kaithal town, five to
Deeg village and one to Balu, the sources said.
These references were made against different awards and
separate judgments had to be pronounced in each case.
Two of the verdicts related to criminal trials, four to
Motor Accident Claim Tribunal cases and one each to criminal
appeal, criminal revision, civil appeal, Hindu Marriage Act
On August one this year, Judge Shori decided 87 cases.
In all, he pronounced judgements in 223 cases last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today