148 judgements in single day, Haryana judge creates record of sorts
Kaithal: Additional District and
Sessions Judge A K Shori here today created a national record
of sorts by delivering 148 judgements on a single day.
He smashed the record of 111 judgements pronounced on a
single day by Andhra Pradesh Civil Judge J V V Satyanarayana
Murthy three days back.
Even though the Kaithal Judge refused to talk to
mediapersons, Bar sources said he had delivered 148 judgements
Of this, 137 pertained to Land Acquisition, they said
adding references in this connection were made by the state
government to the court for decision.
Forty-nine references related to Mundri village, 48 to
Geong, 16 to Chhabba, 18 to Sector 18 of Kaithal town, five to
Deeg village and one to Balu, the sources said.
These references were made against different awards and
separate judgments had to be pronounced in each case.
Two of the verdicts related to criminal trials, four to
Motor Accident Claim Tribunal cases and one each to criminal
appeal, criminal revision, civil appeal, Hindu Marriage Act
On August one this year, Judge Shori decided 87 cases.
In all, he pronounced judgements in 223 cases last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore