150 students taken ill after administration of vitamin `A`
Sirsa: At least 150 girl students
of a government school in Kalanwali town near here today fell
ill, 50 of them seriously, after being administered vitamin
A team of 2 doctors, comprising Mamta and Gurjant Singh,
came to the Government Girls Senior Secondary School to
administer the dose.
School`s principal Sukhmandar Kaur said that after
administration of the vitamin, almost all the 152 students
of classes 6,7 and 8 felt nausea, vomited and soon became
She said the girls were shifted to Kalanwali government
hospital where the condition of 50 of them was stated to be
Additional Divisional Commissioner Pankaj Chaudhary said
that before the administration of the medicine all the
students were asked whether they were empty stomach. When they
said that they had taken their breakfast, only then the
medicine was administered.
She said the expiry date of the medicine was November
2010, adding that an inquiry would be held.
Drugs Inspector Rajnish has taken 2 samples of the
medicine for testing.
Recently, four children had died in Uttar Pradesh after
being given measles vaccine.
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies