150 students taken ill after administration of vitamin `A`
Sirsa: At least 150 girl students
of a government school in Kalanwali town near here today fell
ill, 50 of them seriously, after being administered vitamin
A team of 2 doctors, comprising Mamta and Gurjant Singh,
came to the Government Girls Senior Secondary School to
administer the dose.
School`s principal Sukhmandar Kaur said that after
administration of the vitamin, almost all the 152 students
of classes 6,7 and 8 felt nausea, vomited and soon became
She said the girls were shifted to Kalanwali government
hospital where the condition of 50 of them was stated to be
Additional Divisional Commissioner Pankaj Chaudhary said
that before the administration of the medicine all the
students were asked whether they were empty stomach. When they
said that they had taken their breakfast, only then the
medicine was administered.
She said the expiry date of the medicine was November
2010, adding that an inquiry would be held.
Drugs Inspector Rajnish has taken 2 samples of the
medicine for testing.
Recently, four children had died in Uttar Pradesh after
being given measles vaccine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM