18 school children injured in bus-truck collision
Jind: 18 school children and their bus driver were injured on Thursday when their vehicle collided with a truck here, police said.
The incident took place near Mohanpur village when the bus with 40 children in it was on its way to school, a police spokesperson said.
"The 18 injured students have been admitted in a private hospital here, while condition of the bus driver Sunil and his assistant Nikku is stated to be critical and therefore, they have been referred to PGI, Rohtak," police said.
There was heavy fog and the truck tried to overtake the bus, school principal V K Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured