18 school children injured in bus-truck collision
Jind: 18 school children and their bus driver were injured on Thursday when their vehicle collided with a truck here, police said.
The incident took place near Mohanpur village when the bus with 40 children in it was on its way to school, a police spokesperson said.
"The 18 injured students have been admitted in a private hospital here, while condition of the bus driver Sunil and his assistant Nikku is stated to be critical and therefore, they have been referred to PGI, Rohtak," police said.
There was heavy fog and the truck tried to overtake the bus, school principal V K Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet