18 school children injured in bus-truck collision
Jind: 18 school children and their bus driver were injured on Thursday when their vehicle collided with a truck here, police said.
The incident took place near Mohanpur village when the bus with 40 children in it was on its way to school, a police spokesperson said.
"The 18 injured students have been admitted in a private hospital here, while condition of the bus driver Sunil and his assistant Nikku is stated to be critical and therefore, they have been referred to PGI, Rohtak," police said.
There was heavy fog and the truck tried to overtake the bus, school principal V K Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'