18-year-old girl raped by youth in Haryana
Ambala: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in Ambala City, police said on Friday.
The accused, identified as Satish Kumar, is a resident of a village near Mohali and was known to the victim, police said.
He brought the girl, a resident of Sunam in Punjab, to Ambala City on the pretext that he wanted to purchase clothes for her from the wholesale cloth market, they said.
On the victim`s complaint, the police have registered a rape case against Satish Kumar under Sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 (abducting a woman to compel her for marriage) and 376 (rape) of the IPC.
The parents of the victim were also informed, police said, adding that the accused has been absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?