18-year-old girl raped by youth in Haryana
Ambala: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in Ambala City, police said on Friday.
The accused, identified as Satish Kumar, is a resident of a village near Mohali and was known to the victim, police said.
He brought the girl, a resident of Sunam in Punjab, to Ambala City on the pretext that he wanted to purchase clothes for her from the wholesale cloth market, they said.
On the victim`s complaint, the police have registered a rape case against Satish Kumar under Sections 363 (kidnapping), 366 (abducting a woman to compel her for marriage) and 376 (rape) of the IPC.
The parents of the victim were also informed, police said, adding that the accused has been absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning