2 dengue deaths in Haryana, maximum cases in Gurgaon
Chandigarh: Two persons have died due to dengue in Haryana where out of 415 confirmed cases so far this month, Gurgaon alone accounted for 325.
After Gurgaon, 47 cases have been reported from Panchkula district Panchkula and the remaining cases from other areas in the state, a Health Department spokesman said here on Tuesday.
"Two persons have lost their lives in the state due to dengue. One person died in Gurgaon and the other succumbed in Rohtak this month," he said.
He said dengue was first reported in Haryana during 1996 and since then sporadic cases have been reported from some parts of the state.
During 2008, a total of 1159 confirmed cases of dengue were reported in the state and there were nine deaths due to the disease, but during the year 2009 only 125 cases of confirmed dengue were reported, he said.
Similarly, during 2010, there were 866 confirmed dengue cases with 21 deaths reported in the state out of which 631 cases and 13 deaths were from Gurgaon district alone.
Last year, 267 cases with three deaths were reported, he said.
He said the Health Department has taken a number of preventive measures including generating awareness about these measures through an information and educational campaign. Fogging is being carried out in and around 50 houses of every positive case of dengue.
All samples of suspected dengue cases in Haryana are tested free of cost in 10 Sentinel Surveillance Hospitals (SSH) set up in Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, General Hospital, Hissar, Medical College, Agroha, Hisar, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panchkula and PGIMS, Rohtak.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured