22-year-old girl gang-raped in Haryana
Rohtak: A 22-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by three teenage youths on Saturday at a park on the Delhi road here.
The girl, a resident of Bahu Akbarpur village located on the Rohtak-Hisar road here, had come to Rohtak city in connection with her studies this morning, police said.
The girl, who was acquainted with one of the accused, was taken to Devi Lal Park by them, said Ved Singh, spokesman of the Rohtak Police.
"They took her to Devi Lal Park on some pretext and later raped her," he said.
"The youths, belonging to Dhardu village in Bhiwani district, were booked by the Urban Estate Police under section 376 of the IPC," he said.
A hunt to nab the accused is on, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka