25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident
Bhiwani: At least 25 pilgrims on their way back from Rajasthan were killed in a head-on collision between two trucks in Haryana`s Bhiwani district Monday morning, police said.
Twenty-two people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries in hospital, a police officer here said.
Police officials in Bhiwani and Hisar said nearly 25 people were injured in the accident. They were shifted to hospitals in Hisar town, 15 km from the accident site.
The victims, who belonged to Kaithal district, were returning from pilgrimage at a shrine in neighbouring Rajasthan, said Bhiwani district police chief Satheesh Balan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster