25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident
Bhiwani: At least 25 pilgrims on their way back from Rajasthan were killed in a head-on collision between two trucks in Haryana`s Bhiwani district Monday morning, police said.
Twenty-two people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries in hospital, a police officer here said.
Police officials in Bhiwani and Hisar said nearly 25 people were injured in the accident. They were shifted to hospitals in Hisar town, 15 km from the accident site.
The victims, who belonged to Kaithal district, were returning from pilgrimage at a shrine in neighbouring Rajasthan, said Bhiwani district police chief Satheesh Balan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani