25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident
Bhiwani: At least 25 pilgrims on their way back from Rajasthan were killed in a head-on collision between two trucks in Haryana`s Bhiwani district Monday morning, police said.
Twenty-two people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries in hospital, a police officer here said.
Police officials in Bhiwani and Hisar said nearly 25 people were injured in the accident. They were shifted to hospitals in Hisar town, 15 km from the accident site.
The victims, who belonged to Kaithal district, were returning from pilgrimage at a shrine in neighbouring Rajasthan, said Bhiwani district police chief Satheesh Balan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi