25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident
Bhiwani: At least 25 pilgrims on their way back from Rajasthan were killed in a head-on collision between two trucks in Haryana`s Bhiwani district Monday morning, police said.
Twenty-two people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries in hospital, a police officer here said.
Police officials in Bhiwani and Hisar said nearly 25 people were injured in the accident. They were shifted to hospitals in Hisar town, 15 km from the accident site.
The victims, who belonged to Kaithal district, were returning from pilgrimage at a shrine in neighbouring Rajasthan, said Bhiwani district police chief Satheesh Balan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth