25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident
Bhiwani: At least 25 pilgrims on their way back from Rajasthan were killed in a head-on collision between two trucks in Haryana`s Bhiwani district Monday morning, police said.
Twenty-two people died on the spot, while three others succumbed to their injuries in hospital, a police officer here said.
Police officials in Bhiwani and Hisar said nearly 25 people were injured in the accident. They were shifted to hospitals in Hisar town, 15 km from the accident site.
The victims, who belonged to Kaithal district, were returning from pilgrimage at a shrine in neighbouring Rajasthan, said Bhiwani district police chief Satheesh Balan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir