2,592 died in road accidents in Haryana in Jan-July
Chandigarh: As many as 2,592 people died in road accidents in Haryana this year till July, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"As many as 2,592 people died and 5,284 injured in 5,674 road accidents in Haryana this year till July," state Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala told the Assembly.
In 2008, as many as 4,494 people were killed in road accidents. Last year it was 4,561, he said.
From January 1 to June 30, as many as 14,674 drivers were challaned for drunken driving, 1,76,677 for driving without helmet, 95,069 for driving without seat belt and 8,238 for talking on mobile phones while driving, Surjewala said.
He said 1,170 accident prone points on the roads in the state have been identified and necessary steps been initiated to prevent mishaps at these points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in