2,592 died in road accidents in Haryana in Jan-July
Chandigarh: As many as 2,592 people died in road accidents in Haryana this year till July, the state Assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"As many as 2,592 people died and 5,284 injured in 5,674 road accidents in Haryana this year till July," state Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala told the Assembly.
In 2008, as many as 4,494 people were killed in road accidents. Last year it was 4,561, he said.
From January 1 to June 30, as many as 14,674 drivers were challaned for drunken driving, 1,76,677 for driving without helmet, 95,069 for driving without seat belt and 8,238 for talking on mobile phones while driving, Surjewala said.
He said 1,170 accident prone points on the roads in the state have been identified and necessary steps been initiated to prevent mishaps at these points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier