30 fall ill after consuming contaminated buckwheat in Haryana
Ambala: Thirty more people on Wednesday fell ill
after consuming food prepared from contaminated buckwheat
during Navratras fast in the city, officials said.
The victims were admitted to different nursing homes and
civil hospital after they complained of vomiting and stomach
pain following consumption of the food items, they said.
Yesterday 15 people were admitted to civil hospital due
to food poisoning caused due to consumption of food items
prepared from contaminated buckwheat.
Meanwhile, health department officials raided around 10
shops and collected flour samples and sent them to laboratory.
Deputy Commissioner Samir Pal Saro said three teams of
Health Department have been constituted, which will raid
various grocery shops to check the quality of the flour.
He said strict action will be taken against the shops
selling adulterated flour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars