30 fall ill after consuming contaminated buckwheat in Haryana
Ambala: Thirty more people on Wednesday fell ill
after consuming food prepared from contaminated buckwheat
during Navratras fast in the city, officials said.
The victims were admitted to different nursing homes and
civil hospital after they complained of vomiting and stomach
pain following consumption of the food items, they said.
Yesterday 15 people were admitted to civil hospital due
to food poisoning caused due to consumption of food items
prepared from contaminated buckwheat.
Meanwhile, health department officials raided around 10
shops and collected flour samples and sent them to laboratory.
Deputy Commissioner Samir Pal Saro said three teams of
Health Department have been constituted, which will raid
various grocery shops to check the quality of the flour.
He said strict action will be taken against the shops
selling adulterated flour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report