30 fall ill after consuming contaminated buckwheat in Haryana
Ambala: Thirty more people on Wednesday fell ill
after consuming food prepared from contaminated buckwheat
during Navratras fast in the city, officials said.
The victims were admitted to different nursing homes and
civil hospital after they complained of vomiting and stomach
pain following consumption of the food items, they said.
Yesterday 15 people were admitted to civil hospital due
to food poisoning caused due to consumption of food items
prepared from contaminated buckwheat.
Meanwhile, health department officials raided around 10
shops and collected flour samples and sent them to laboratory.
Deputy Commissioner Samir Pal Saro said three teams of
Health Department have been constituted, which will raid
various grocery shops to check the quality of the flour.
He said strict action will be taken against the shops
selling adulterated flour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days