300 nominations in Haryana, maximum 47 from Hisar
Chandigarh: Congress` two-time MP Deepinder Singh Hooda and noted lawyer and INLD candidate R K Anand on Saturday filed their nomination papers for the April 10 election to 10 Lok Sabha constituencies in Haryana.
While Deepinder, son of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda entered the fray from his home constituency Rohtak, Anand filed his nomination papers from Faridabad seat.
on Saturday was the last day for filing nomination papers.
"In all, 300 nomination papers have been received, with maximum 47 from Hisar," Haryana`s Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad said.
The scrutiny of nominations would take place on Monday and withdrawals would close on March 26 when the final picture of the contestants would emerge, he said.
Congress MLA from Nalwa Sampat Singh was also among those who fielded his nomination papers on Saturday. He has filed his papers from Hisar Lok Sabha seat as a Congress candidate.
Walgad said that among the parliamentary segments in the State, 36 nominations have been received from Kurukshetra, 20 from Ambala, 32 from Bhiwani, 32 from Faridabad and 27 from Gurgaon.
About 1.55 crore voters, including 71 lakh women, are eligible to cast their votes at 16,129 polling stations, including 11,644 in rural areas, from 7 am to 6 pm on April 10 in the State.
Of the 10 Lok Sabha seats, at present Congress has nine MPs while Haryana Janhit Congress has one MP from the Hisar constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read