4-yr-old Mahi in borewell: Rescue on, hope dims
Gurgaon: Hopes of the survival of four-year old girl Mahi dimmed on Friday even as frantic efforts are on to rescue her. Mahi fell into a borewell in Kho village near Manesar.
Army and Rapid Metro personnel are drilling a parallel pit to the 70-feet-deep borewell where the child has fallen.
Oxygen is being pumped in the borewell to help the child. A camera was lowered into the borewell to find out the condition of the child, but it did not provide any significant detail.
Her father Neeraj said, “For two hours the child kept crying inside the borewell, asking for help but now she is not responding to any calls.”
Mahi was celebrating her fourth birthday and was playing with children outside the home near the borewell when she suddenly fell into it at 11 pm on Wednesday.
Nearby residents have also been asked to vacate their houses as a precautionary measure while the rescue operation continues.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon`s district magistrate PC Meena has ordered a judicial enquiry to be carried out by Additional Deputy Commissioner to probe into the digging of an illegal borewell.
An FIR under various sections of IPC has been registered against local resident Rotash Tayal, who illegally dug the borewell.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31