4,000 cartridges recovered from Ambala rly station
Ambala (Haryana): The Government Railway Police
(GRP) on Wednesday recovered 4,000 cartridges kept in eight boxes
near the parcel yard of Ambala Cantt railway station.
Acting on a tip-off, a GRP team led by SP Hardeep Singh
Doon conducted checking in the yard and recovered the
ammunition, GRP sources said, adding the consignment was
booked for Meerut from Karnal.
The boxes were unloaded at Ambala so that it could be
dispatched to Meerut.
The consignment was sent through Malwa Express train and
was meant to be loaded in some Meerut-bound train, they said,
adding that it was suspected to have been booked by a
Karnal-based armoury firm.
A case under various provisions of the Arms Act has been
registered against unidentified persons.
This is the second such haul at the railway station after
5 kg RDX was recovered from an abandoned car in a parking area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen