4,000 cartridges recovered from Ambala rly station
Ambala (Haryana): The Government Railway Police
(GRP) on Wednesday recovered 4,000 cartridges kept in eight boxes
near the parcel yard of Ambala Cantt railway station.
Acting on a tip-off, a GRP team led by SP Hardeep Singh
Doon conducted checking in the yard and recovered the
ammunition, GRP sources said, adding the consignment was
booked for Meerut from Karnal.
The boxes were unloaded at Ambala so that it could be
dispatched to Meerut.
The consignment was sent through Malwa Express train and
was meant to be loaded in some Meerut-bound train, they said,
adding that it was suspected to have been booked by a
Karnal-based armoury firm.
A case under various provisions of the Arms Act has been
registered against unidentified persons.
This is the second such haul at the railway station after
5 kg RDX was recovered from an abandoned car in a parking area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film