4,000 cartridges recovered from Ambala rly station
Ambala (Haryana): The Government Railway Police
(GRP) on Wednesday recovered 4,000 cartridges kept in eight boxes
near the parcel yard of Ambala Cantt railway station.
Acting on a tip-off, a GRP team led by SP Hardeep Singh
Doon conducted checking in the yard and recovered the
ammunition, GRP sources said, adding the consignment was
booked for Meerut from Karnal.
The boxes were unloaded at Ambala so that it could be
dispatched to Meerut.
The consignment was sent through Malwa Express train and
was meant to be loaded in some Meerut-bound train, they said,
adding that it was suspected to have been booked by a
Karnal-based armoury firm.
A case under various provisions of the Arms Act has been
registered against unidentified persons.
This is the second such haul at the railway station after
5 kg RDX was recovered from an abandoned car in a parking area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional