4,000 cartridges recovered from Ambala rly station
Ambala (Haryana): The Government Railway Police
(GRP) on Wednesday recovered 4,000 cartridges kept in eight boxes
near the parcel yard of Ambala Cantt railway station.
Acting on a tip-off, a GRP team led by SP Hardeep Singh
Doon conducted checking in the yard and recovered the
ammunition, GRP sources said, adding the consignment was
booked for Meerut from Karnal.
The boxes were unloaded at Ambala so that it could be
dispatched to Meerut.
The consignment was sent through Malwa Express train and
was meant to be loaded in some Meerut-bound train, they said,
adding that it was suspected to have been booked by a
Karnal-based armoury firm.
A case under various provisions of the Arms Act has been
registered against unidentified persons.
This is the second such haul at the railway station after
5 kg RDX was recovered from an abandoned car in a parking area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!