5 killed in ambulance-truck collision near Ambala
Chandigarh: At least five people, including a one-day-old infant being brought to Chandigarh for treatment, were killed when the ambulance in which they were travelling collided with a speeding truck on the Hisar-Ambala highway in Haryana early Tuesday, police said.
Police officials said that the ambulance and the truck collided head-on, resulting in the death of the occupants of the ambulance. The accident took place about 150 km from here.
The victims, who were coming from the side of Kaithal town, were bringing the one-day old infant to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh for treatment as he had developed complications after birth.
The father of the infant, two relatives and the ambulance driver were among those killed in the accident, police officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29