50-year-old man arrested for attempting to rape minor
Rewari: A 50-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a 13-year-old girl in Fatehpuri village, police said on Saturday.
The accused, Madan Lal Yadav, was arrested yesterday and has been sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here, they said.
Yadav, in an inebriated condition, had barged into the victim`s house on March 21 and attempted to rape her while she was alone at home, police said.
When the girl raised an alarm, some neighbours rushed to her rescue but Yadav managed to flee, police said.
Police registered a case of criminal trespass and attempt to rape against Yadav based on the complaint filed by the victim`s grandfather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!