50-year-old man arrested for attempting to rape minor
Rewari: A 50-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a 13-year-old girl in Fatehpuri village, police said on Saturday.
The accused, Madan Lal Yadav, was arrested yesterday and has been sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here, they said.
Yadav, in an inebriated condition, had barged into the victim`s house on March 21 and attempted to rape her while she was alone at home, police said.
When the girl raised an alarm, some neighbours rushed to her rescue but Yadav managed to flee, police said.
Police registered a case of criminal trespass and attempt to rape against Yadav based on the complaint filed by the victim`s grandfather.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda