6 teachers killed in jeep-truck collision in Jhajjar
Jhajjar: At least six school teachers were
killed and seven seriously injured when a jeep they were
travelling in collided with a truck near Tamaspur crossing
here on Wednesday.
The deceased have been identified as Rekha Gupta of
Jhajjar, Pinki of Matan village, Surender of Gurawar village
in Rewari district, Seema of Sampla in Rohtak, Jaiprakash of
Khedi Khummar village and Puspa of Atelakhurd village.
The condition of the five injured was stated to be
The incident took place when 13 teachers were on their way
to their schools from Dadri town.
A case against the truck driver, who fled from the spot,
has been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars