7-member SIT to probe fresh FIRs against Rathore
Panchkula: Haryana Police on Wednesday set up a
seven-member Special Investigation Team for the two fresh
cases registered on the basis of complaints of molestation
victim Ruchika Girhotra`s father and brother against former
DGP S P S Rathore and others in connection with the incident.
Director General of Police (DGP) R S Dalal set up the SIT
headed by S S Kapoor, Inspector General of Police, Security,
of Haryana Police. It also includes two lady officers Samiti
Chaudhary, DSP, Panchkula and Inspector Laxmi Devi of the
State Crime Branch.
"S S Kapoor, IPS, will ensure that the investigation is
carried out expeditiously without any delay," the order issued
by the DGP said.
The two FIRs were registered at Sector 5 Police Station
of Panchkula under various sections of the IPC for different
offences, including attempt to murder Ashoo, brother of
Ruchika, torture and the booking of her brother in "false"
cases and "doctoring" of documents, including post mortem
The other members of the SIT are Maneesh Chaudhary, SP,
Panchkula, Varinder Singh, DSP, Panchkula, Inspector Aman
Kumar, Station House Officer (SHO), Sector 14 Police Station,
Panchkula and Inspector Tarsem Lal, State Crime Branch,
When contacted, Kapoor, when asked if Rathore and other
accused, suspects and complainants would be summoned, said
whatever action was taken to complete the investigation would
Kapoor said a number of documents, which have been
collected during the last 19 years and ending with the
judgment of the CBI court in Chandigarh last week which
awarded a six-month jail term to Rathore, would be examined by
the SIT members.
DGP R S Dalal said legal aspects of the case were being
studied and "we will investigate the case promptly," the DGP
Rathore, a 1965 batch IPS officer of Haryana who retired
in 2002, was awarded a light punishment of six-month jail term
by a CBI court here last week for molesting Ruchika, a budding
tennis player in 1990, when he was an IGP. Ruchika committed
suicide three years later on December 28, 1993, and succumbed
the following day.
The two fresh FIRs were registered after the father and
brother of Ruchika, Subhash Chander Girhotra and Ashoo filed
two complaints against Rathore and others in connection with
the post mortem proceedings and booking of her brother in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan