84 riots: Hooda seeks report in reported killing of Sikhs in Rewari
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday said a report has been sought from
the Gurgaon Divisional Commissioner on the killing of some
Sikhs at Hondh-Chillar village in Rewari district during
the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
"A report on this matter has been sought from the
Divisioinal Commissioner," Hooda told reporters here in reply
to a question after a state cabinet meeting.
Punjab`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had,
while speaking at Bathinda on Saturday, said he was "shocked
to know the massacre of 70 Sikhs during `84 riots at Hondh
village in Rewari district that was suppressed by
investigating agencies for 26 long years".
The Badal-headed Shiromani Akali Dal had constituted a
seven-member fact-finding committee of SAD on Saturday to get
first-hand information on the reported "massacre" of
the Sikhs in Rewari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray