84 riots: Hooda seeks report in reported killing of Sikhs in Rewari
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday said a report has been sought from
the Gurgaon Divisional Commissioner on the killing of some
Sikhs at Hondh-Chillar village in Rewari district during
the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
"A report on this matter has been sought from the
Divisioinal Commissioner," Hooda told reporters here in reply
to a question after a state cabinet meeting.
Punjab`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had,
while speaking at Bathinda on Saturday, said he was "shocked
to know the massacre of 70 Sikhs during `84 riots at Hondh
village in Rewari district that was suppressed by
investigating agencies for 26 long years".
The Badal-headed Shiromani Akali Dal had constituted a
seven-member fact-finding committee of SAD on Saturday to get
first-hand information on the reported "massacre" of
the Sikhs in Rewari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy