84 riots: Hooda seeks report in reported killing of Sikhs in Rewari
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday said a report has been sought from
the Gurgaon Divisional Commissioner on the killing of some
Sikhs at Hondh-Chillar village in Rewari district during
the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
"A report on this matter has been sought from the
Divisioinal Commissioner," Hooda told reporters here in reply
to a question after a state cabinet meeting.
Punjab`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had,
while speaking at Bathinda on Saturday, said he was "shocked
to know the massacre of 70 Sikhs during `84 riots at Hondh
village in Rewari district that was suppressed by
investigating agencies for 26 long years".
The Badal-headed Shiromani Akali Dal had constituted a
seven-member fact-finding committee of SAD on Saturday to get
first-hand information on the reported "massacre" of
the Sikhs in Rewari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!