84 riots: Hooda seeks report in reported killing of Sikhs in Rewari
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday said a report has been sought from
the Gurgaon Divisional Commissioner on the killing of some
Sikhs at Hondh-Chillar village in Rewari district during
the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
"A report on this matter has been sought from the
Divisioinal Commissioner," Hooda told reporters here in reply
to a question after a state cabinet meeting.
Punjab`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had,
while speaking at Bathinda on Saturday, said he was "shocked
to know the massacre of 70 Sikhs during `84 riots at Hondh
village in Rewari district that was suppressed by
investigating agencies for 26 long years".
The Badal-headed Shiromani Akali Dal had constituted a
seven-member fact-finding committee of SAD on Saturday to get
first-hand information on the reported "massacre" of
the Sikhs in Rewari district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai