AAP launches attack on Haryana govt
Panchkula: Taking the ruling Congress head on, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Yogendra Yadav said corruption in Haryana was "much worse than Delhi".
Lashing out at the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government, Yadav said "AAP`s doors will always remain open" for IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had highlighted illegalities in land deals involving Robert Vadra, who is the son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
"The Haryana government is facing corruption allegation in land deals, change of land use (CLU) and recruitments," Yadav said. "If corruption was an issue in Delhi, then it is hundred times a bigger issue in Haryana."
The AAP leader said each and every department and ministry in the state was plagued with corruption.
Clarifying that Khemka had not accepted the invitation to join AAP, he said the party would always welcome "such honest officers".
"When Khemka highlighted the illegalities in land deals involving Robert Vadra, we made it clear that we would like to bring such honest officers in the party.
"We had given him an invitation, which he did not accept. But AAP`s doors will always remain open for him," said Yadav.
The 50-year-old academician-turned-politician did not spare opposition parties, and accused them of deliberately not taking up issues pertaining to corruption.
"They all are hand-in-glove with the corrupt," said Yadav, while vowing to make corruption an election issue.
Though Yadav is projected as the likely chief ministerial candidate for the state which goes to polls later this year, he said no decision had been taken yet.
"There should be no hurry in declaring the CM candidate. So far no decision has been taken about who will lead the campaign in the state," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram