AAP supporters hold protest march in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Aam Aadmi Party supporters on Thursday held a protest march here in solidarity with its jailed leader Arvind Kejriwal and submitted a memorandum to the President via Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner.
Around 100 members of AAP, including women, gathered at AAP`s office here and marched to Mini Secretariat while shouting slogans.
AAP supporters, who were agitated on Kejriwal`s arrest yesterday, were demanding his immediate release and submitted a memorandum to Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi.
In the memorandum, AAP has appealed to the President that persons fighting against corruption should not be harassed in guise of law, rather they should be encouraged to highlight the malpractices in our governance.
It should also be ensured that AAP activists holding peaceful demonstrations should not be arrested by the police, the memorandum added.
Gurgaon AAP`s convener R C Rao, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre told media persons that Kejriwal had not violated any rule or regulation.
"He was arrested just for nothing," claimed Mr Rao.
Kejriwal was arrested yesterday when he refused to furnish a bail bond of Rs 10,000 in the defamation case filed by former BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!