AAP supporters hold protest march in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Aam Aadmi Party supporters on Thursday held a protest march here in solidarity with its jailed leader Arvind Kejriwal and submitted a memorandum to the President via Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner.
Around 100 members of AAP, including women, gathered at AAP`s office here and marched to Mini Secretariat while shouting slogans.
AAP supporters, who were agitated on Kejriwal`s arrest yesterday, were demanding his immediate release and submitted a memorandum to Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi.
In the memorandum, AAP has appealed to the President that persons fighting against corruption should not be harassed in guise of law, rather they should be encouraged to highlight the malpractices in our governance.
It should also be ensured that AAP activists holding peaceful demonstrations should not be arrested by the police, the memorandum added.
Gurgaon AAP`s convener R C Rao, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre told media persons that Kejriwal had not violated any rule or regulation.
"He was arrested just for nothing," claimed Mr Rao.
Kejriwal was arrested yesterday when he refused to furnish a bail bond of Rs 10,000 in the defamation case filed by former BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex gains 3.5% post Rexit announcement: Report
- Subramanian Swamy tries to raise Mahatma Gandhi's assassination issue in RS
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07