AAP supporters hold protest march in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Aam Aadmi Party supporters on Thursday held a protest march here in solidarity with its jailed leader Arvind Kejriwal and submitted a memorandum to the President via Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner.
Around 100 members of AAP, including women, gathered at AAP`s office here and marched to Mini Secretariat while shouting slogans.
AAP supporters, who were agitated on Kejriwal`s arrest yesterday, were demanding his immediate release and submitted a memorandum to Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi.
In the memorandum, AAP has appealed to the President that persons fighting against corruption should not be harassed in guise of law, rather they should be encouraged to highlight the malpractices in our governance.
It should also be ensured that AAP activists holding peaceful demonstrations should not be arrested by the police, the memorandum added.
Gurgaon AAP`s convener R C Rao, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre told media persons that Kejriwal had not violated any rule or regulation.
"He was arrested just for nothing," claimed Mr Rao.
Kejriwal was arrested yesterday when he refused to furnish a bail bond of Rs 10,000 in the defamation case filed by former BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31