AAP to contest all 10 LS seats in Haryana
Rewari: The Aam Aadmi Party will contest all 10 Lok Sabha and 90 assembly seats in Haryana in upcoming elections, senior AAP leader Yogendra Yadav has said.
Combating graft, providing transparent governance and better healthcare facilities, and improving the lot of the peasantry will be the party`s main poll planks, he told a press conference here yesterday.
On AAP`s countrywide membership drive from January 10 to 26, Yadav said the party enrolled close to 98 lakh primary members, eight lakh in Haryana alone.
The AAP will take out a "Jhadoo Yatra" (Broom March) across the country from February 15 to 25, he said.
"The party will focus on elimination of Parivarvad (dynastic politics) which is rapidly spreading its tentacles in Haryana," Yadav said.
On upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Yadav said it will be a "great misfortune" for the country if the battle turns out to be "Rahul vs Modi".
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion