AAP to contest all 10 LS seats in Haryana
Rewari: The Aam Aadmi Party will contest all 10 Lok Sabha and 90 assembly seats in Haryana in upcoming elections, senior AAP leader Yogendra Yadav has said.
Combating graft, providing transparent governance and better healthcare facilities, and improving the lot of the peasantry will be the party`s main poll planks, he told a press conference here yesterday.
On AAP`s countrywide membership drive from January 10 to 26, Yadav said the party enrolled close to 98 lakh primary members, eight lakh in Haryana alone.
The AAP will take out a "Jhadoo Yatra" (Broom March) across the country from February 15 to 25, he said.
"The party will focus on elimination of Parivarvad (dynastic politics) which is rapidly spreading its tentacles in Haryana," Yadav said.
On upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Yadav said it will be a "great misfortune" for the country if the battle turns out to be "Rahul vs Modi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement
- BJP appoints Laxman Gilua as new Jharkhand party chief