AAP to contest all 10 LS seats in Haryana
Rewari: The Aam Aadmi Party will contest all 10 Lok Sabha and 90 assembly seats in Haryana in upcoming elections, senior AAP leader Yogendra Yadav has said.
Combating graft, providing transparent governance and better healthcare facilities, and improving the lot of the peasantry will be the party`s main poll planks, he told a press conference here yesterday.
On AAP`s countrywide membership drive from January 10 to 26, Yadav said the party enrolled close to 98 lakh primary members, eight lakh in Haryana alone.
The AAP will take out a "Jhadoo Yatra" (Broom March) across the country from February 15 to 25, he said.
"The party will focus on elimination of Parivarvad (dynastic politics) which is rapidly spreading its tentacles in Haryana," Yadav said.
On upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Yadav said it will be a "great misfortune" for the country if the battle turns out to be "Rahul vs Modi".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore