AAP to launch campaign for LS polls from Haryana
New Delhi: A day after Arvind Kejriwal`s resignation as Delhi Chief Minister, AAP on Saturday announced that it will launch its campaign for Lok Sabha polls from February 23 with a rally at Rohtak in Haryana.
Speaking to reporters after the Political Affairs Committee (PAC) meeting, party leader Yogendra Yadav said, the the rally will be addressed by party`s national convenor Arvind Kejriwal.
After Haryana, the party will hold its second rally at Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh on March 2, he said.
"Both these rallies would launch Aam Aadmi Party`s national campaign," Yadav said.
The party also announced to kickstart its nation-wide anti-corruption campaign `Jhadu Chalao Yatra` from today.
"In 332 Lok Sabha seats of 24 states, around 2,500 Yatra starting from today will be organised in the next ten days. We would expose Congress and BJP for defending corrupt persons during this campaign. Besides, party will also make new members in this campaign," party leader Gopal Rai said.
Of the 2,627 yatras in the campaign, the party will undertake a chunk of it around 461 in Uttar Pradesh, followed by 450 in Haryana and over 300 in Maharashtra, 270 in Bihar and 174 in Punjab.
These are the states where the party has been aiming to dent the Congress and the BJP strongholds.
Kerjriwal yesterday resigned as Delhi Chief Minister shortly after his government was defeated on the issue of tabling of the Jan Lokpal Bill in Delhi Assembly in the face of a united resistance by outside supporter Congress and BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah