AAP workers manhandle journalist, Kejriwal apologises for it
Rewari: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday apologised to mediapersons after one of them was allegedly manhandled by party workers in Dharuhera of the district.
The incident took place just before Kejriwal, along with party nominee from Gurgaon Lok Sabha seat Yogendra Yadav, reached Bhagat Singh Chowk in Dharuhera to garland a statue of the freedom fighter.
A senior journalist was manhandled by a group of AAP activists when he objected to alleged "insult of the national flag" by them.
Later the matter was brought to the notice of senior AAP leaders. On learning about the incident, Kejriwal tendered an apology and asked the mediapersons to treat the matter as a "closed chapter".
After holding a road show in Dharuhera, Kejriwal reached Rewari where they were accorded a warm reception by party activists.
When the former Delhi Chief Minister`s caravan reached Moti Chowk here, he urged the people to ensure AAP candidates` victory if they wanted elimination of corruption and dynastic rule which, according to him, had eaten into the vitals of the nation.
Later, Kejriwal`s road show reached Agrasen Chowk where they were shown black flags by some Shiv Sena activists led by local leader Shammi Sharma, who denounced AAP for allegedly maligning the image of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read