AAP workers protest against Kejriwal over ticket to Khayalia
Hisar: Several disgruntled AAP workers here protested against its chief Arvind Kejriwal for allotting party ticket to former IAS officer Yudhvir Singh Khayalia from Hisar Lok Sabha seat.
The party workers burnt posters of AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav and Kejriwal here last evening after the party had earlier in the day announced a second list of 30 candidates for the General Elections.
Notably, Hisar and Bhiwani are Kejriwal`s home district.
AAP workers had yesterday gathered outside the party office at Rishi Nagar here and expressed their resentment and raised slogans against the party and its leaders for allotting ticket to Khayalia, who was recently inducted into the party.
They accused the party high command of ignoring old party leaders and workers and also lodged complaints against the allotment of party ticket to Khayalia, demanding cancellation of the ticket. The workers also said they would oppose Khayalia in the election.
Khayalia had resigned from the post of Commissioner Hisar Division on February 9 and later joined AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!