AAP workers protest against Kejriwal over ticket to Khayalia
Hisar: Several disgruntled AAP workers here protested against its chief Arvind Kejriwal for allotting party ticket to former IAS officer Yudhvir Singh Khayalia from Hisar Lok Sabha seat.
The party workers burnt posters of AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav and Kejriwal here last evening after the party had earlier in the day announced a second list of 30 candidates for the General Elections.
Notably, Hisar and Bhiwani are Kejriwal`s home district.
AAP workers had yesterday gathered outside the party office at Rishi Nagar here and expressed their resentment and raised slogans against the party and its leaders for allotting ticket to Khayalia, who was recently inducted into the party.
They accused the party high command of ignoring old party leaders and workers and also lodged complaints against the allotment of party ticket to Khayalia, demanding cancellation of the ticket. The workers also said they would oppose Khayalia in the election.
Khayalia had resigned from the post of Commissioner Hisar Division on February 9 and later joined AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town