AAP workers protest against Kejriwal over ticket to Khayalia
Hisar: Several disgruntled AAP workers here protested against its chief Arvind Kejriwal for allotting party ticket to former IAS officer Yudhvir Singh Khayalia from Hisar Lok Sabha seat.
The party workers burnt posters of AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav and Kejriwal here last evening after the party had earlier in the day announced a second list of 30 candidates for the General Elections.
Notably, Hisar and Bhiwani are Kejriwal`s home district.
AAP workers had yesterday gathered outside the party office at Rishi Nagar here and expressed their resentment and raised slogans against the party and its leaders for allotting ticket to Khayalia, who was recently inducted into the party.
They accused the party high command of ignoring old party leaders and workers and also lodged complaints against the allotment of party ticket to Khayalia, demanding cancellation of the ticket. The workers also said they would oppose Khayalia in the election.
Khayalia had resigned from the post of Commissioner Hisar Division on February 9 and later joined AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA