AAP workers protest against Kejriwal over ticket to Khayalia
Hisar: Several disgruntled AAP workers here protested against its chief Arvind Kejriwal for allotting party ticket to former IAS officer Yudhvir Singh Khayalia from Hisar Lok Sabha seat.
The party workers burnt posters of AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Yogendra Yadav and Kejriwal here last evening after the party had earlier in the day announced a second list of 30 candidates for the General Elections.
Notably, Hisar and Bhiwani are Kejriwal`s home district.
AAP workers had yesterday gathered outside the party office at Rishi Nagar here and expressed their resentment and raised slogans against the party and its leaders for allotting ticket to Khayalia, who was recently inducted into the party.
They accused the party high command of ignoring old party leaders and workers and also lodged complaints against the allotment of party ticket to Khayalia, demanding cancellation of the ticket. The workers also said they would oppose Khayalia in the election.
Khayalia had resigned from the post of Commissioner Hisar Division on February 9 and later joined AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre