Abandoned baby girl admitted to child care unit
Rewari: A woman allegedly abandoned her two-month-old baby girl in a nursing home here on the pretext of procuring treatment for her.
The abandoned baby was on Friday admitted to the child care unit of a local civil hospital here after the director of the home informed the SDM and police, officials said here.
According to the director, the woman reportedly entered the home on September 28 for treatment for her baby.
However, she did not take the baby along when she left the home on October 01, the director said.
He attempted to contact her at the address she had mentioned in the records, but it was found to be fake, he said. He then informed the SDM and the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption