Abandoned baby girl admitted to child care unit
Rewari: A woman allegedly abandoned her two-month-old baby girl in a nursing home here on the pretext of procuring treatment for her.
The abandoned baby was on Friday admitted to the child care unit of a local civil hospital here after the director of the home informed the SDM and police, officials said here.
According to the director, the woman reportedly entered the home on September 28 for treatment for her baby.
However, she did not take the baby along when she left the home on October 01, the director said.
He attempted to contact her at the address she had mentioned in the records, but it was found to be fake, he said. He then informed the SDM and the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'