Abhay Chautala accuses Congress of misusing CBI
Jind: INLD leader Abhay Chautala Friday accused the Congress of misusing the CBI to get his father Om Prakash Chautala and brother Ajay Chautala arrested in the teachers` recruitment scam.
On January 22, former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in the year 2000.
"The Congress is scared of the growing popularity of INLD. As part of a conspiracy, our leaders have been arrested with the help of CBI to defame the party. Nowhere, either in the FIR or in the court order, is any mention of exchange of money in lieu of the jobs," the Jind MLA said here.
"In fact, it is under the current Bhupender Singh Hooda regime that jobs are being sold openly. Under his government, farmers` lands have been bought at very cheap prices and sold to industrialists at higher rates," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional