Abhay Chautala accuses Congress of misusing CBI
Jind: INLD leader Abhay Chautala Friday accused the Congress of misusing the CBI to get his father Om Prakash Chautala and brother Ajay Chautala arrested in the teachers` recruitment scam.
On January 22, former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in the year 2000.
"The Congress is scared of the growing popularity of INLD. As part of a conspiracy, our leaders have been arrested with the help of CBI to defame the party. Nowhere, either in the FIR or in the court order, is any mention of exchange of money in lieu of the jobs," the Jind MLA said here.
"In fact, it is under the current Bhupender Singh Hooda regime that jobs are being sold openly. Under his government, farmers` lands have been bought at very cheap prices and sold to industrialists at higher rates," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!