Abhay Chautala accuses Congress of misusing CBI
Jind: INLD leader Abhay Chautala Friday accused the Congress of misusing the CBI to get his father Om Prakash Chautala and brother Ajay Chautala arrested in the teachers` recruitment scam.
On January 22, former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in the year 2000.
"The Congress is scared of the growing popularity of INLD. As part of a conspiracy, our leaders have been arrested with the help of CBI to defame the party. Nowhere, either in the FIR or in the court order, is any mention of exchange of money in lieu of the jobs," the Jind MLA said here.
"In fact, it is under the current Bhupender Singh Hooda regime that jobs are being sold openly. Under his government, farmers` lands have been bought at very cheap prices and sold to industrialists at higher rates," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report