Abhay Chautala accuses Congress of misusing CBI
Jind: INLD leader Abhay Chautala Friday accused the Congress of misusing the CBI to get his father Om Prakash Chautala and brother Ajay Chautala arrested in the teachers` recruitment scam.
On January 22, former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in the year 2000.
"The Congress is scared of the growing popularity of INLD. As part of a conspiracy, our leaders have been arrested with the help of CBI to defame the party. Nowhere, either in the FIR or in the court order, is any mention of exchange of money in lieu of the jobs," the Jind MLA said here.
"In fact, it is under the current Bhupender Singh Hooda regime that jobs are being sold openly. Under his government, farmers` lands have been bought at very cheap prices and sold to industrialists at higher rates," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video