Acid thrown on two sisters in Haryana
Chandigarh: Two married sisters on Monday received injuries after the husband of one of them threw acid on them at Jagadhari in Yamunanangar district of Haryana, police said.
The sisters were on their way to a temple when accused Ashok Kumar (38), who is a drunkard, threw acid on her wife Pooja (32) and her sister Rekha (38), Yamunanagar SP Sivas Kaviraj told over phone here.
Pooja received injuries on her face and chest, while Rekha on her hands, he said.
He said that a marital discord was going on between Pooja and Ashok, a rickshaw puller, for the past some years.
They had recently settled here after coming from Uttar Pardesh, he said.
Meanwhile, police had set up two teams to arrest Ashok and to investigate the case.
Both the sisters with burn injuries have been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’