Acid thrown on two sisters in Haryana
Chandigarh: Two married sisters on Monday received injuries after the husband of one of them threw acid on them at Jagadhari in Yamunanangar district of Haryana, police said.
The sisters were on their way to a temple when accused Ashok Kumar (38), who is a drunkard, threw acid on her wife Pooja (32) and her sister Rekha (38), Yamunanagar SP Sivas Kaviraj told over phone here.
Pooja received injuries on her face and chest, while Rekha on her hands, he said.
He said that a marital discord was going on between Pooja and Ashok, a rickshaw puller, for the past some years.
They had recently settled here after coming from Uttar Pardesh, he said.
Meanwhile, police had set up two teams to arrest Ashok and to investigate the case.
Both the sisters with burn injuries have been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city