Acid thrown on two sisters in Haryana
Chandigarh: Two married sisters on Monday received injuries after the husband of one of them threw acid on them at Jagadhari in Yamunanangar district of Haryana, police said.
The sisters were on their way to a temple when accused Ashok Kumar (38), who is a drunkard, threw acid on her wife Pooja (32) and her sister Rekha (38), Yamunanagar SP Sivas Kaviraj told over phone here.
Pooja received injuries on her face and chest, while Rekha on her hands, he said.
He said that a marital discord was going on between Pooja and Ashok, a rickshaw puller, for the past some years.
They had recently settled here after coming from Uttar Pardesh, he said.
Meanwhile, police had set up two teams to arrest Ashok and to investigate the case.
Both the sisters with burn injuries have been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins