Activists of saffron parties stage protest
Rewari: Activists of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena held a demonstration and burnt the effigy of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here on Sunday to protest curtailment of the Amarnath Yatra duration this year.
Addressing the protesters, district VHP chief Laxmi Narain said the duration of the Yatra has been "arbitrarily" reduced from 60 days to 39 days. This would deprive nearly five lakh pilgrims of Darshan,
Besides, he alleged that VHP activists were being intentionally targeted and implicated in false cases.
The demonstrators demanded restoration of the duration of the holy yatra to 60 days as well as withdrawal of cases slapped on VHP activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS