Activists of saffron parties stage protest
Rewari: Activists of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena held a demonstration and burnt the effigy of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here on Sunday to protest curtailment of the Amarnath Yatra duration this year.
Addressing the protesters, district VHP chief Laxmi Narain said the duration of the Yatra has been "arbitrarily" reduced from 60 days to 39 days. This would deprive nearly five lakh pilgrims of Darshan,
Besides, he alleged that VHP activists were being intentionally targeted and implicated in false cases.
The demonstrators demanded restoration of the duration of the holy yatra to 60 days as well as withdrawal of cases slapped on VHP activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered