Activists of saffron parties stage protest
Rewari: Activists of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena held a demonstration and burnt the effigy of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here on Sunday to protest curtailment of the Amarnath Yatra duration this year.
Addressing the protesters, district VHP chief Laxmi Narain said the duration of the Yatra has been "arbitrarily" reduced from 60 days to 39 days. This would deprive nearly five lakh pilgrims of Darshan,
Besides, he alleged that VHP activists were being intentionally targeted and implicated in false cases.
The demonstrators demanded restoration of the duration of the holy yatra to 60 days as well as withdrawal of cases slapped on VHP activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'