Activists of saffron parties stage protest
Rewari: Activists of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena held a demonstration and burnt the effigy of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here on Sunday to protest curtailment of the Amarnath Yatra duration this year.
Addressing the protesters, district VHP chief Laxmi Narain said the duration of the Yatra has been "arbitrarily" reduced from 60 days to 39 days. This would deprive nearly five lakh pilgrims of Darshan,
Besides, he alleged that VHP activists were being intentionally targeted and implicated in false cases.
The demonstrators demanded restoration of the duration of the holy yatra to 60 days as well as withdrawal of cases slapped on VHP activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump