Activists of saffron parties stage protest
Rewari: Activists of Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena held a demonstration and burnt the effigy of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here on Sunday to protest curtailment of the Amarnath Yatra duration this year.
Addressing the protesters, district VHP chief Laxmi Narain said the duration of the Yatra has been "arbitrarily" reduced from 60 days to 39 days. This would deprive nearly five lakh pilgrims of Darshan,
Besides, he alleged that VHP activists were being intentionally targeted and implicated in false cases.
The demonstrators demanded restoration of the duration of the holy yatra to 60 days as well as withdrawal of cases slapped on VHP activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred