After power minister`s resignation, Hooda hits out at detractors
Chandigarh: A day after Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav`s resignation, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday hit out at his detractors, claiming their actions were guided by "vested interests".
The chief minister faced rebellion from the ranks ahead of the Assembly polls, as Yadav yesterday attacked him for "failing to learn lessons" from the Lok Sabha election debacle.
Hooda, after having come under attack from his detractors, post the minister`s resignation issue, today, sought to downplay it (resignation issue) during a press conference.
"No one (party leader) is unhappy because of me, they (detractors) may say so because of their vested interest. They may be finding excuses, but I have cooperated with everyone," Hooda told reporters.
The Congress leader also refuted that there was any "political upheaval" in the state unit of the party. "There is no such thing in the party, only some individuals may have vested interests," he said.
On Yadav`s resignation, he said, "I have got his resignation and I have asked him to reconsider it. I am waiting for his answer," adding, the six-time Congress MLA from Rewari had not given any reason in his resignation.
Yadav while resigning from the Hooda ministry had also alleged "bias" in several matters including recruitment and induction of members to various commissions and statutory bodies.
"Whatever, I had to say, I have said it," Hooda said when asked that Yadav`s allegation on regional bias in development works.
In a veiled dig at Yadav, he said, "Today on the eve of elections if someone says so (levels allegations), you can well understand."
To a question on Yadav`s allegation that he (Yadav) was treated just like a "rubber stamp" and felt "powerless", Hooda said "what he says tomorrow, wait for that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video