After power minister`s resignation, Hooda hits out at detractors
Chandigarh: A day after Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav`s resignation, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday hit out at his detractors, claiming their actions were guided by "vested interests".
The chief minister faced rebellion from the ranks ahead of the Assembly polls, as Yadav yesterday attacked him for "failing to learn lessons" from the Lok Sabha election debacle.
Hooda, after having come under attack from his detractors, post the minister`s resignation issue, today, sought to downplay it (resignation issue) during a press conference.
"No one (party leader) is unhappy because of me, they (detractors) may say so because of their vested interest. They may be finding excuses, but I have cooperated with everyone," Hooda told reporters.
The Congress leader also refuted that there was any "political upheaval" in the state unit of the party. "There is no such thing in the party, only some individuals may have vested interests," he said.
On Yadav`s resignation, he said, "I have got his resignation and I have asked him to reconsider it. I am waiting for his answer," adding, the six-time Congress MLA from Rewari had not given any reason in his resignation.
Yadav while resigning from the Hooda ministry had also alleged "bias" in several matters including recruitment and induction of members to various commissions and statutory bodies.
"Whatever, I had to say, I have said it," Hooda said when asked that Yadav`s allegation on regional bias in development works.
In a veiled dig at Yadav, he said, "Today on the eve of elections if someone says so (levels allegations), you can well understand."
To a question on Yadav`s allegation that he (Yadav) was treated just like a "rubber stamp" and felt "powerless", Hooda said "what he says tomorrow, wait for that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!