Aggarwal community objects over portrayal of `Lala` in govt ad
Hisar: The Aggarwal community in Haryana on Friday objected to its "derogatory" portrayal as `Lalas` in a government advertisement on food security being beamed on TV channels and radio.
Demanding removal of the word from the advertisement, the community members said `Lala` word is used for centuries for the members of Aggarwal community as a mark of respect but in the advertisement it has been used in a derogatory manner, which is insulting for the whole community.
The members the community has sent a memorandum to the Prime Minister seeking his intervention.
The community has threatened to launch an agitation if the word Lala is not removed from the advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?