Aggarwal community objects over portrayal of `Lala` in govt ad
Hisar: The Aggarwal community in Haryana on Friday objected to its "derogatory" portrayal as `Lalas` in a government advertisement on food security being beamed on TV channels and radio.
Demanding removal of the word from the advertisement, the community members said `Lala` word is used for centuries for the members of Aggarwal community as a mark of respect but in the advertisement it has been used in a derogatory manner, which is insulting for the whole community.
The members the community has sent a memorandum to the Prime Minister seeking his intervention.
The community has threatened to launch an agitation if the word Lala is not removed from the advertisements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends