Agri production to be doubled by 2020: Hooda
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said the state government has set
a target of doubling the agriculture production by 2020 and
urged the scientists to provide latest technology to the
farmers to achieve this objective.
Addressing farmers, agriculture scientists and
industrialists after inaugurating `Agriconclave and Agromax
Haryana-2009` organised at Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana
Agricultural University in Hisar, Hooda said the country
needed second green revolution and the onus of bringing about
this revolution lay on farmers and agriculture scientists.
He said water resources in the state were depleting
day-by-day and agriculture production has come to a stand
still over the last few years, which is a matter of great
"To bring about second green revolution in the state,
the scientists would have to evolve modern agriculture
equipments and advanced seeds capable of yielding more
production by consuming less water. The farmers should take up
double crop pattern to increase food grain production and
their income as well," he said.
Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated a community
radio station set up at a cost of Rs 25 crore at the
university. It would provide services to the farmers within
the radius of 30 kms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price