Ajay Chautala to make biscuits in Tihar Jail
New Delhi: INLD leader Ajay Chautala, who was on Tuesday sentenced to 10 years in jail along with his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in a teacher recruitment case, is set to make biscuits in Tihar Jail.
Reports on Wednesday said the junior Chautala, like any other jail inmate following conviction, would be made to work in the Tihar factory.
Chautala could be asked to work in the bakery where he would be tasked with making biscuits, ‘namkeen’ and similar things.
Jail officials would first make the Haryana politician undergo a medical fitness test, only after clearing which he would be assigned work.
Meanwhile, Chautala has been kept in Jail No 4, which is reserved for those facing trial. Convicts are normally kept in Jail Nos 2 and 5.
He has been housed in Vipassana ward where no other jail inmate is allowed to go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH