Ajay Chautala to make biscuits in Tihar Jail
New Delhi: INLD leader Ajay Chautala, who was on Tuesday sentenced to 10 years in jail along with his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in a teacher recruitment case, is set to make biscuits in Tihar Jail.
Reports on Wednesday said the junior Chautala, like any other jail inmate following conviction, would be made to work in the Tihar factory.
Chautala could be asked to work in the bakery where he would be tasked with making biscuits, ‘namkeen’ and similar things.
Jail officials would first make the Haryana politician undergo a medical fitness test, only after clearing which he would be assigned work.
Meanwhile, Chautala has been kept in Jail No 4, which is reserved for those facing trial. Convicts are normally kept in Jail Nos 2 and 5.
He has been housed in Vipassana ward where no other jail inmate is allowed to go.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani