Ajay Chautala to make biscuits in Tihar Jail
New Delhi: INLD leader Ajay Chautala, who was on Tuesday sentenced to 10 years in jail along with his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in a teacher recruitment case, is set to make biscuits in Tihar Jail.
Reports on Wednesday said the junior Chautala, like any other jail inmate following conviction, would be made to work in the Tihar factory.
Chautala could be asked to work in the bakery where he would be tasked with making biscuits, ‘namkeen’ and similar things.
Jail officials would first make the Haryana politician undergo a medical fitness test, only after clearing which he would be assigned work.
Meanwhile, Chautala has been kept in Jail No 4, which is reserved for those facing trial. Convicts are normally kept in Jail Nos 2 and 5.
He has been housed in Vipassana ward where no other jail inmate is allowed to go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement