Alert nurse saves lives of five newborns
Hisar: Showing presence of mind, an alert
nurse on Saturday saved the lives of five newborns as she switched
off the power supply to prevent a fire caused due to short
circuit from reaching the cribs of the infants at a local
civil hospital in Hisar.
Due to a short circuit in an electric stabiliser, the
power supply wires caught fire in the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit (NICU) of local Civil Hospital where the infants were
kept for warmth.
According to the mothers of the infants, the babies were
kept in the NICU for protection against the cold wave.
Following the incident, four of the infants were
immediately shifted to the nursery section, while the parents
of one of them shifted him to a private nursing home.
Civil surgeon Dr J S Grewal said, "We are probing the
cause of short circuit. Perhaps it was due to the fluctuation
of power or a fault in the transformer."
"Proper wiring would be done to bear the load of
consumption," Grewal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion