All children of homes will be enrolled in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Friday announced that all children in shelter homes run by NGOs and Women and Child Development Department would be enrolled in neighbourhood schools, so as to bring them into the mainstream of education system.
Education, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Geeta Bhukkal today said directions had been issued to all District Education Officers and District Elementary Education Officers in the state to ensure enrolment of all children of shelter homes of their concerned districts in nearby schools.
They would send the action taken report to the Directorate within a week through e-mail, the minister said.
They have also been directed to contact the Project Officer of Integrated Child Development Scheme of their concerned districts to get all the related details, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!