All children of homes will be enrolled in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Friday announced that all children in shelter homes run by NGOs and Women and Child Development Department would be enrolled in neighbourhood schools, so as to bring them into the mainstream of education system.
Education, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Geeta Bhukkal today said directions had been issued to all District Education Officers and District Elementary Education Officers in the state to ensure enrolment of all children of shelter homes of their concerned districts in nearby schools.
They would send the action taken report to the Directorate within a week through e-mail, the minister said.
They have also been directed to contact the Project Officer of Integrated Child Development Scheme of their concerned districts to get all the related details, she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed