All children of homes will be enrolled in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Friday announced that all children in shelter homes run by NGOs and Women and Child Development Department would be enrolled in neighbourhood schools, so as to bring them into the mainstream of education system.
Education, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Geeta Bhukkal today said directions had been issued to all District Education Officers and District Elementary Education Officers in the state to ensure enrolment of all children of shelter homes of their concerned districts in nearby schools.
They would send the action taken report to the Directorate within a week through e-mail, the minister said.
They have also been directed to contact the Project Officer of Integrated Child Development Scheme of their concerned districts to get all the related details, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'