All land records in Haryana to be online
Chandigarh: In its effort to ensure transparency, the Haryana government has fixed October 31 as the deadline for making all land records online in the state.
Haryana Land Records and Consolidation Department has said that no manual `nakal`(copy) of record of rights will be issued from November 1.
Only computerised `nakal` from software of Haryana Land Record Information System (HALRIS) would be permitted, a spokesperson of the department said.
A communication to this effect has been sent to all Deputy Commissioners in the state, he said.
"All village maps are being digitised under the National Land Records Modernisation Programme," he said.
Deputy Commissioners have been directed to give a print of the digitised village maps to concerned patwari for updating and they will have to return the updated ones to the vendor within 15 days.
He said since baseline `jamabandi` of all villages has already been digitised, all mutations entered after the digitised `jamabandi` would be entered in the HALRIS software to make land records hundred per cent on-line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok